COVID-19 Instructional Delivery and Distance Learning Plan
Chattahoochee County Schools realize the importance of keeping our students engaged in the learning process during the mandatory shut down of schools across the state. Our teachers and the administrative staff have worked hard to put together educational resources to help students while they are away from school. The following schedules and processes to make these resources available to our parents and students are below.
Chattahoochee County Education Center (Students in Pre-K through 5 grade)
Important information about CCEC learning resources
- On Thursday, March 19 parents may pick up learning packets at the elementary school from 8:00-2:30.
- The distribution of learning resources will follow the schedules of the delivery of meals -Friday, March 20, 2020 ONLY (Please see COVID-19 Nutrition Plan on the district website under TRANSPORTATION for the schedule.)
- After students receive their meal, learning packets will be disbursed by CCEC faculty members.
- Parent please keep in mind that the learning materials will be delivered separately from meals and there might be a slight delay between the delivery of meals and learning packets. We respectfully ask that you be patient.
- For students who did not get a packet on March 19 or March 20, parents may pick them up on Monday, March 23 at the elementary school from 8:00-2:30.
Chattahoochee County Middle/High School (Students in Grades 6-12)
Important information about CCM/HS learning resources:
- Students who attend Chattahoochee County Middle/High School and have access to internet services have been contacted by their teachers with specific instructions about assignments.
- Students and parents may use teacher email for questions on how to access Google Classroom or other assigned digital sources.
- Students who do not have access to internet service can pick up the learning packet at Chattahoochee County Middle/High School beginning Friday, March 20 through Friday, March 27. The schedule for pick up is 8:00 am to 11:00 am and 1:00 to 3:00 pm.
The Chattahoochee Valley Academy has been working with Columbus Technical College (CTC) to move all college level coursework to online learning. CTC instructors will continue to provide instruction to all enrolled students in college courses as their college work continues.
Expectations for Digital and Home Learning for grades K-12
- Teachers will be available for remote office hours through email, DOJO and Google classroom daily from 9:00 am – 11:00 am and from 1:00 pm-3:00 pm.
- Teachers will make personal contact at least weekly with students.
- Powerschool will be updated as appropriate
- Students WILL BE expected to complete assignments in either digital or hard copy format. Contact the teacher through email with questions. All items are to be submitted to the teacher by the digital due date and upon five days of returning to school.
- Parents will support the home learning plan by ensuring children adhere to the guidelines established by the teachers. This is a joint effort between home and school, and we appreciate the parent support.
Other Learning Resources
Parents and students may also access other learning resources on the Distance Learning Tab on the district’s web page.
Internet Access for Students
Charter Communication announces free access to broadband and Wi-Fi for students without access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a subscription. In order to receive services, you may contact Charter at the following number 844-488-8395.
MediaCom"Connect to Compete "is an Internet program available to low income families, or those who receives free/reduced lunch. The monthly fee is $9.95 per month. During Covid-19, the fees are all waived thru May 16th. The website is https://mediacomc2c.com/.
Customer Service- 855-633-4226
ATT Internet Access - ( Covid-19)
No charges to apply- 855-220-5211- over the phone
$10.00 a month plus tax and fees, no activation and installation charges use the following link to apply online:
Our teachers and administrators are available to answer any questions or address any concerns via our district email. All email addresses can be found on the Directory tab on the district’s webpage. In the Spirit of what Chattahoochee County Schools have come to be known for