The main reasons for keeping your child home are he/she’s too sick to participate comfortably at school or might spread a contagious disease to other students.
If your child has been diagnosed with a contagious disease, please contact the school nurse so other students’ parents and school staff may be alerted of the symptoms. A doctor's note is required before a student is readmitted when there is a contagious disease/infection involved.
Students should stay home from school if there is:
• Fever > or equal to 100.0°F (must be fever-free 24 hours without medication before returning to school.)
• Vomiting more than once
• Frequent cough
• Persistent pain (ear, stomach, etc.)
• Widespread rash
• Head lice, until treated
• Chicken pox, until lesions have scabbed (usually 5-7 days)
• Impetigo, Ringworm, or Scabies until under treatment and lesions covered
• Bacterial Pink Eye (thick eye drainage and redness of the whites of the eyes) until under treatment
• Open Wound
• Drainage (ears, wound, etc.)